Thursday, September 10, 2009

PEACED OUT.







I dunno.

Sometimes you just have to wait for the wheel to turn. Even if you don't really want to.
So, I waited.
And sure as the seasons, the call came and here I am, working again. I wish I could tell you what I'm doing, but I'm really not doing anything. Just making images. No subtext, no symbolism, no other excuse except that they are beautiful. It's been three years or more that I've done anything that qualifies as meaningless. But, now and then, a thing needs no other reason than it's intrinsic loveliness. I find that after all the blood and thunder of the recent past that simply making things as a kind of mind perfume is exactly what I needed. It's not deep, it's not even fun, it's just well, relaxing. I'm as broke as they get, and by all accounts I should be hustling up big fat juicy commissions, but I'm not.
I'm just playing with my colors.
Jeeze, I need this. What a relief.
I'm saying , relax to all my friends and even perfect strangers. Simply talk to somebody and spend some time listening. Take a long walk somewhere. putter around a little book shop somewhere. Take your time with that cup of coffee.

It will all be here tomorrow.

M.Z.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a good post. A reminder that sometimes we just need to "be".