Saturday, January 17, 2009

FOR ANDREW.







"Things that are Real are given and received in Silence."
Hazrat Meher Baba.
Andrew Wyeth is dead. He died a death that in it's seeming simplicity and understated sense of quietude, has affected me much as his life's work does. His art was silence itself and those moments when alone, one really see's even the most mundane of things as somehow grand and mysterious.
I for one, will miss him in this world, and at the same time wish for a passing as graceful.
Assalaam-O-Alaikum dear Andrew, rest well.
........................................................................................................................
To the "Umbrella Girl".......I've been meaning to write with impressions of your work and some just plain nonsense, but I'm terribly bunged up with work right now, so please forgive the delay.

Speaking of working, I'm hip deep in the last huge commission that was due a month ago at least and simultaneously hard at work on the "Sophia Gnostica" series. Somethings just take time and I'm just one man with one left hand.......so far. There are whole weeks I could use two of me.
......................................................................................................................
I also owe far to many people letters that I feel increasingly guilty about. I have these fits where I simply can not go near a computer, answer the phone, or even talk to strangers. I get so internalized it takes a major crisis to pull me back to earth.....Thank God for Fhionn who tethers me to the world, as sometimes I honestly feel I'd just sail off into space and never come back.
......................................................................................................................
I use to many coma's, but I love them to bits. I think with lots of them.
I also don't have a cell phone or watch television. I'm a Netfix kinda guy.


On than silly note,
Please be kind, it's simple and human.
M.Z.


















2 comments:

The Curious Umbrella said...

Hey Special,

Do not feel obliged in the least. I expect nothing but stunning arthings.

(hugs)
rain

rift warden said...

hi Michael!



i usually read your things without saying anything, but i'd join Rain - if you want someone to write to you without expecting to be answered back - it will be a pleasure :)

(hug)

oh, and having many letters to answer is a good thing, no?
it means you have a lot of friends sending them :)

shade