Thursday, August 5, 2010

GOING DEAF FOR A LIVING..part2





So, here I am. Sitting in a frustrated and anxious puddle of me. I have no reason why at least non that I can relay with any sincerity. Physically, I have mostly recovered from the con ordeal. I don't mean that in any sort of negative way, it's just that after not really being "public" for so many years it was a bit difficult being "on" my game for such along stretch without pause that it internally wore holes in my body and soul.
I am one to take solace from the sky and rain and the fur of my dogs, from smelling the air at dawn and listening to inner silences for secrets. I love the whisper of my pencil over paper, the subtle silvery black line and it's possibilities that open secret windows of the soul. All artsy fartsy I know but don't slog it off as the meanderings of a hopeless romantic, I assure you it's all very practical and quite real. Art is not not made without passion, however quiet and strangely atavistic.
I suppose it is nothing more than a case of post con letdown. I desperately want to connect with the wonderful minds of the people i met there to bolster my seemingly wounded interior. Barron Story I met for the first time and found a far more kindred soul that I expected and I rejoiced in the meeting as it gave me strength continue when I was at low ebb. Meeting Melissa Auf Der Maur for a few precious minutes was like meeting a friend, old and dear from another life. I can't being to tell you the shock I felt in meeting someone I felt I had almost an intuitive knowledge of. I strangely miss them both.
Today, as I inhabit my so called "real" world, I am a shaman to whom the spirit world has been closed and the souls of beasts no longer speak to.
My dear Karen is away today, involved with other deeds and necessities. I miss her mightily. I never feel really comfortable without her nearby.
Melissa, Barron, I miss your company and sparks. I seem to have miss placed mine.

Good afternoon all......

M.Z.






2 comments:

d said...

Hey!
You probably get a thousand of these e-mails a day about your blog, but
I just wanted to tell you its really cool. I like it a lot and I
actually just started my own. I was wondering if you could check it out
and maybe follow me or just give me some advice on how to make my blog
as successful as yours! If you follow me I will be sure to return the
favor! Thanks so much and continue to post wonderful posts on your blog.
Thanks again,
d.

here's my link: http://dariadonatophotography.blogspot.com/

dogboy443 said...

Hi MIke,

Congrats on the success of the show. 2 posts inside of one week! You must be very happy with the show. I don't recognize the gentleman having lunch with you. Who is he? I recognized Dave McKean in the third picture and of course Melissa Auf Der Maur.