Friday, July 3, 2009

from the dead zone..........


I'm working nearly around the clock to get this bestial book ready for publication. I'm dead tired and half insane from revisiting the whole thing all over again. It's almost a strange emotional "muscle memory" going over each page once more. I seem to be in this weird time/ space loop of when and now that makes for a nerve wracking day indeed. And I've got to do all again once the thing is ship-shape art-wise for the finished script paste-up.

And I've already started writing and thumb nailing the sophomore effort.

Remind me again why I do this, please.

Though I suppose that when the book of book arrives from the press it will feel really good. Kind of like not hitting ones head against a brick wall......blessed relief.

I'm still hoping against hope for a Christmas release. That would be lovely, no? You could give the gift of angst and terror to all your friends.


And before I go collapse, I'd like to extend a very heartfelt thank you to those of you who bothered to reply to my last post...it means more than I can say to have some response to the news.

I live in a strangely isolated place that never seems to pay back my efforts, and your comments really do lighten the load.

When all is said and done, I truly hope you enjoy "Fracture", because no matter how much I bitch and moan sometimes, I love what I do more every day.


Thank you.


M.Z.

7 comments:

Jim said...

Christmas would be great. A signed copy for all three of the boys. I have the money set aside now.

canadian parasite said...

You do this because you are one of the best in the business. Puma Blues no. 7. is in my opinion the best comic book ever made, its hung on my wall. i look at that bird right in the eye everyday before i step out into the world.
thank you.

dogboy443 said...

I'll gladly part with my shiny cash-ola to get some Zulli in my hot hands to read.

Unknown said...

From Puma Blues on, I've enjoyed every piece of art I've seen with your name on it. I'm looking forward to the day I can finally own a copy 'The Fracture of the Universal Boy'.

dogboy443 said...

Any idea on page count, size, hardcover/softcover, special 8 color tip-in plate with metallic ink highlights?

I Shall Rise Again. said...

I heartily approve of this post!

I Shall Rise Again. said...

I just saw that name pop up and realized I have no idea whose account I'm on. (This is Tom, by the way.)