Saturday, July 12, 2008

TO MUCH, JUST IN TIME.




...Meanwhile, back at the ranch........


At the moment, I'm swamped with commissions. Thank God. The Bent Nail Studio family wins by a nose. All are interesting things for the most part, and I'm dedicated to doing my utmost for you all. My sincere thanks.


Also, here on the plains I've managed to pencil and script the first half of the last chapter of my interminable book.....I'd like to get the rest at least in an equally semi-finished state by the end of the month. Right now, it seems "do-able". If I can get that far, that soon, I'll more than likely be within striking distance of finishing completely late this fall, three years after I started......only a year off. I may get good at this.


A new interest to report, if you care. I've become fascinated by the Tuareg People of northern Africa. The photos above are a few I particularly like. The blue robes they traditionally wear are just stunning. I simply can't look away. They use real indigo of a type I've never seen in Celtic or tribal clothing native to more northern climes. In fact, I'm purchasing two scarves they wear for myself..... ( high fives himself.)now, if I could only find someplace that would sell me a real desert Tuareg Blue robe.


You bet your ass I'd wear it.


Luckily, they are known to be quiet tall. *whew*. But it's like finding an oasis in the high Sahara. Thank God I'm a stubborn bastard.


To all of you going to San D. better you than me......I can tell you, honestly, that I'll never go back unless things change very, very drastically. Which given pop culture, I doubt.


hope you all stay as cool and comfy as you'd like, and believe in real peace, inner and outer for those without any.


M.Z.,


No comments: